My "Cancer Card" Expired

For those cancer survivors out there, did you ever feel like there was a moment when your "Cancer Card" expired? At first thought it sounds like it would be a good thing. Oh, my cancer card expired, I'm back to being one of the "normal" people. You'd never know I had cancer and went thru hell because my hair has grown back, I've gained back the weight I lost during all that chemo and those 5 surgeries. But for me, there were those people who were only nice to me because I "was the one who had cancer' The mean people at work or at the kids school who were mean to everyone but for some reason were not mean to me. I found out it was because I was the "one who had cancer' and if they were mean to me it would make them look like the assholes they really were. I don't use that word often or lightly.
 So, about midnight last night I guess my "cancer card" expired because the jerk at work decided to target me about that time. I don't have time for this bull shit and after all I have been thru I seriously just want to say a nice F-You and be done with it but my family needs income and I do like the other people I work with so what's a girl to do?
 Stick with the toxic co-worker or move on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embrace your community. Even Batman knew he needed the Justice League, you don't have to Move this Mountain on your own.

The Laundry won't fold it's self.